ToolsOnAir announce the final release of just:Live/Play v2.5. This version includes the latest and greatest features developed over the past few months. This major release includes:
just:live & just:play
- Stability and speed improvements, several bugfixes.
- Support for the play out of movies wrapped into an .mkv container format.
- Extended "Stay Alive" in the Tools On Air System Preferences pane to included "scheduled restarting" of all applications.
- The size of the proxy preview sent from just:out to just:connect and then onto just:live/play can now be defined in just:connect in the channel's format settings.
- With multiple "on-line" channels in just:connect, the proxy previews in just:live/play now function for all channels, not just the currently selected channel in just:connect.
- When reading metadata for the library, a "sidecar" XML file is automatically generated for each file to store the metadata. When the metadata is again requested (e.g. when starting just:play again, or running just:play on a second system), the metadata will be read from this sidecar file instead of the file itself.
- It is now possible to define a "Filler movie" in the "Advanced" tab for a channel in just:connect. Once defined, the filler movie will play in a loop whenever just:out detects that no movie is currently playing on the main video layer.
- Customers with a valid maintenance contract with Tools On Air are entitled to one free license to test onCore Designer.
- Added two additional fields to the "Advanced" tab in just:connect, both related to automatically re-starting just:out under certain conditions.
- For channels using redundancy, if the master engine fails the slave engine will now send all diagnostics (including the proxy preview) to just:connect and then onto just:live/play.Optional failover solution based on an AJA Kumo switcher or a BMD ATEM switch.
- There is now a complete new control area available in just:live, where the status of the channel's main engine is now displayed with a "traffic light" system for buffer and CPU temperature. Yellow lights mean a warning, while red lights mean something requires immediate attention.
- It is now possible to drag and drop items scheduled in the timeline to re-order them.
- It is now possible to double-click an item or items in the library to add it/them to the currently selected folder on the workbench.
- Start action - This action can be defined like the finished actions and could include a GPI trigger or BMD ATEM commands but maybe also execute on:core workflows.
- New Finished Action option (like the loop) to trigger a workflow or event.
- Optional just:next to execute the jump to next on several channels with a single mouse click.
- Placeholder clips within a playlist can now be automatically "linked" or updated with a file. To achieve this, ensure that the placeholder's name matches exactly the name of the movie that will be created at some point (including file extension).
- The status of the channel's main engine is now displayed with a "traffic light" system for buffer and CPU temperature. Yellow lights mean a warning, while red lights mean something requires immediate attention.
- Double-clicking an item in the library now adds it to the selected playlist in the workbench.
- A color code can now be used to turn an infinite graphics off. Such a color code can be defined on finder level or within the just:play user interface.